I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country.
我抱憾的是,只有一次生命能献给祖国。
I regard that man as lost, who has lost his sense of shame.
我认为,人丧失了廉耻就完了。
I say little but I think the more.
我说得少,但我想得多。
I succeeded because I willed it; I never hesitated.
我成功是因为有决心,从不犹豫。
I was born anAmerican; I live an American; I shall die an American.
我生下来是美国人,活着是美国人,死时也是美国人。
I wept when I was born,, and every day shows why.
我生下时啼哭,后来每天的生活说明了为什么。
I will be thy friend,but not thy vices’ friend.
我愿意做你的朋友,但不做你那些恶习的朋友。
Idle folks have most labour.
懒汉总嫌活太多。
Idle folks lack no excuses.
懒汉辩解,何患无词。
Idle people (folks) have the most labour (take the most pains).
懒人做工作,越懒越费力。
上一篇:
下一篇: