Good-bye.
再见。
Thank you–
谢谢你。
and good-bye.
再见。
What was that about?
说些什么?
You were right, Philip.
你说对了。 Philip。
I did make a difference in town.
我确实在镇上发挥了影响力。
And in this family.
也在这个家 。
You’ll have another chance next election.
下次选举时, 还有机会。
Hello.
你好。
Oh, yes, yes, Mr. Maxwell.
噢, 是的, 是的, Maxwell先生。
Hello, Mr. Maxwell.
哈喽, Maxwell先生。
How are you?
你好吗?
I just called to tell you
我打电话是想告诉你
that you are very impressive.
你给人们留下了深刻的印象。
You lost the election,
尽管你输了,
but you won the attention of the residents of Riverdale,of Boswell, and of me.
但你引起了Riverdale的居民、Boswell和我的的注目。
Well, thank you, Mr. Maxwell.
噢, 谢谢你, Maxwell先生。
I appreciate your kind words.
我很感谢你好心的安慰。
I needed that.
我正需要这个。
I hear Boswell
我听说Boswell
wants to appoint you to a special arts committee.
将任命你到一个特别艺术委员会。
I’m sending over a reporter
我将派一位记者
in the morning to interview you.
在明天早晨来采访你。
You are?
是吗?
I’m gonna do an article
我准备写一篇文章
on Ellen Stewart–she cares.
叫做 Ellen Stewart 她关心 。
Maybe we’ll all care now.
也许我们大家现在都关心起来了。
That’s better than being behind.
这总比落后要好。
More sports after this.
广告后还有许多运动消息。
It’s not over yet.
还没有完呢。
Let’s just all calm down,
让我们全都冷静下来,
and wait for the final results.
等待最后的结果。
Ellen, why don’t you go out to the backyard
Ellen,何不去院子
and get some fresh air?
呼吸一些新鲜空气呢?
Thank you, Grandpa.
谢谢你, 爷爷。
I need some.
我确实需要。
What happened?
怎么样?
You came very close, Ellen.
差了一点点, Ellen。
You lost by only a hundred and twenty-one votes.
仅仅以一百二十一票的些微差距输了。
I lost.
我输了。
You tried, Mom.
尽力了, 妈妈。
Trust me!
相信我!
You lost by a very small number of votes.
输的票数非常少。
In the hotly contested race
在这场激烈竞赛中
Only one hundred and twenty-one votes!
仅仅一百二十一票!
for the one seat on the Riverdale School Board,
争夺Riverdale联合校董会一个席次
I’m sorry, Mom.
我很难过, 妈妈。
Mrs. Ellen Stewart has taken an early lead.
Ellen Stewart太太初步领先。
There just wasn’t enough time.
实在是没有足够的时间。
She’s winning!
她赢了!
Look,
看,
Mom, you’re winning!
妈妈, 你赢了!
you’ve made a very strong impression
你已经留下了非常深刻的印象
Now returning to other local news …
现在再报导其它地方新闻。
on our community.
给我们的社区。
And I’ll bet
我敢打赌
Riverdale High School
Riverdale高中
some magazine will pick up the story, too.
一些杂货店也将刊登这项消息。
beat its rival Horace Mann in baseball today …
在今天的棒球赛中打败了对手Horace Mann队。
Mom, you’re going to win!
妈妈,你会赢的
It’s too soon to know for certain.
现在还太早, 不知道确切情况 。
I know it!
我知道!
You’re ahead.
你领先呢。
I like it,
我觉得不错。
Hold it, Robbie!
停停, Robbie!
but now what?
但下一步怎么办?
Just cool down.
冷静一点。
How can we possibly get it on so Riverdale
我们怎样才能让Riverdale的人
I know we’re getting some attention now,
我认为我们现在固然渐渐引起一些注意,
will see it and hear it?
看到和听到它呢?
but in the end the voters will have to decide.
但最后却要由选民来决定。
Leave it to me.
交给我来办吧。
You’re gonna win.
你会赢的。
… I mean that when I say I care,
……我的意思是当我说 我关心 时
I care about people, not things.
我关心的是人而不是东西。
Vote for me, Ellen Stewart.
请投我, Ellen Stewart一票。
I care.
我关心。
What happened?
发生了什么事?
Mom is now on television
妈妈现在出现在电视上
in every appliance store in Riverdale,
在Riverdale的每一家电器行,
except Hamlin’s.
Hamlin的店除外。
He’s a Boswell voter.
他是Boswell的支持者。
That’s a brilliant idea, Richard!
这主意太棒了, Richard!
You inherited your father’s brains.
你继承了你父亲的好头脑。
We got our brains from you, Dad.
我们从你那儿继承了好头脑 ,爸爸。
And guess what?
你们猜怎么着?
I called channel five.
我打电话给了第五频道。
Their TV news is going to cover it.
他们的电视新闻将报导这一消息。
Housewife campaigns in appliance stores.
家庭主妇在电器行 进行竞选活动 。
… my slogan is I care.
……我的口号是, 我关心 。
I care about people, not things.
我关心人, 而不是东西。
Vote for me, Ellen Stewart.
请投我, Ellen Stewart一票。
I care.
我关心。
How was it?
怎么样?
You were terrific!
真是太棒了!
Can I see it?
我可以看吗?
Sure.
当然可以。
Hello. My name is Ellen Stewart,
你们好 ,我叫Ellen Stewart
and I’m running for the open seat on the school board.
我正在竞选联合校董会的席次。
My slogan is I care.
我的口号是 我关心 。
What does the word care mean?
所谓 关心 是指什么呢
… I care about people, not things.
……我关心人, 而不是东西。
Vote for me, Ellen Stewart.
请投我 Ellen Stewart一票。
I care.
我关心。
上一篇:
下一篇: