The problem is that I’m a photographer, not an editor.
问题是我是一个摄影师 不是一个编辑。
I like what I do.
我喜欢我所做的工作。
In fact, I love what I do …
事实上 我热爱我的工作……
which is going out with a camera and a roll of film
那就是带着照相机和一卷底片出去久
and seeing the wonder of humanity.
看众生奇景。
Now, I appreciate your offer,
因此, 我感激你的提议。
but I’ve worked so hard on Family Album, U.S.A.,
但是我一直为Family Album, U.S.A.辛勤工作
and I’m giving some thought to a new book on a different subject.
如今我又开始在构想另一本不同题材的新书。
I’m flattered,
你的厚爱使我受宠若惊
but I enjoy taking pictures, and I want to continue doing that.
但我喜欢拍照片 而且我要继续做这一行。
Thank you,
谢谢你
but I’m happy being a photographer.
但我乐于当一名摄影师。
I understand, Richard.
我懂了 ,Richard。
Richard, I know your next book will be a success. Richard
我相信你的下一本书会成功。
Congratulations!
恭喜你
Thanks.
谢谢。
You’re a real Stewart!
你真不愧是Stewart家的人
Thanks.
谢谢。
I’ve been looking forward to meeting your husband, Mrs. Stewart.
我一直希望能见到 先生 Stewart太太。
I’m really impressed by your show.
你的展览让我留下了深刻的印象。
Thank you.
谢谢。
In fact, I’d like your autograph.
事实上 我想要你的签名。
Oh, well, really …
噢 哦 真的……
On a contract.
在一份合同上面。
What’s this about, Harvey?
这是怎么回事 Harvey
Mr. O’Neill is the publisher of several magazines. O’Neill
先生是好几家杂 的发行人。
Of course. I’ve seen you on television.
当然。我在电视上看见过你。
Mr. O’Neill was so impressed with your work O’Neill
先生被你的作品深深打动
that he wants to develop it into a magazine concept.
他想要将它加以发展 使之成为一个杂志方面的构想。
Well, that sounds very exciting,
嗯 听起来很令人兴奋。
but where would I fit into the plan?
但是我在这项计划中怎么定位呢
I’d like you to be the photo editor of the magazine.
我希望你能做杂志的摄影编辑。
Oh, Richard, how exciting!
哦 Richard 好令人兴奋
It’s a wonderful opportunity, Richard.
这是一个好机会 Richard。
Hold on. Wait a minute, please.
等等。请稍等一下。
What’s the problem, Richard?
有什么问题吗 Richard
Hello.
你们好。
I want to thank all of you for coming here tonight.
我非常感谢你们大家今天晚上的赏光。
I’d like to thank Harvey Carlson
我非常感谢Harvey Carlson
for his faith in my project.
对我工作计划的信心。
But most of all,
但最重要的
I would like to thank my family
我要感谢我的家人
for their love and support all through this adventure.
在这整个工作期间给予我的爱和支持。
Thank you.
谢谢各位。
Oh, I’m glad that’s over.
噢 我真高兴终于结束了。
Would you mind?
你们不介意吧
Oh, not at all.
噢 一点也不。
Thanks.
谢谢。
Our pleasure.
非常荣幸。
Hope it wins a Pulitzer Prize.
希望它能得Pulitzer奖。
I’ll settle for an A in my photography course.
我只要摄影课能得A就满足了。
Ah, Richard, Marilyn, I want you to meet John O’Neill.
啊 Richard Marilyn 我向你们介绍John O'Neill。
Oh, how do you do?
噢 你好吗?
Nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你。
is a collection of photographs
是选出的摄影作品
from his new book entitled Family Album, U.S.A.
从他的新书Family Album, U.S.A.
There is power and beauty in Mr. Stewart’s work, Stewart
先生的作品中展现出力与美。
and his book
他的书
introduces us to a remarkable new talent.
让我们看到一位卓越的新秀。"
Oh, Richard, it’s wonderful!
噢 Richard 太棒了
Congratulations!
恭喜你
Wow! I’m overwhelmed.
喔 我太感动了。
Ladies and gentlemen,
各位女士 各位先生
if I may have your attention for a moment, please?
我想占用你们一点点时间 好吗
I hope you’re all enjoying the exhibition.
我希望你们都喜欢这个展览
I know that I am.
我知道我是很喜欢。
And I would like to introduce the young man
现在我希望向大家介绍这位年轻人
who spent the last five years
用过去五年的时间
taking these remarkable pictures
来拍摄这些突出作品
and writing the background for Family Album,U.S.A.–
为Family Album,U.S.A.撰写背景说明的年轻人
Mr. Richard Stewart. Richard Stewart
先生。
What’s this?
这是什么?
Read it.
读出来吧。
I can’t.
我不敢读。
Would you read it, Marilyn?
请 读好吗 Marilyn
Richard Stewart’s show at the Carlson Gallery Richard Stewart
在Carlson画廊展出的
上一篇:
下一篇: