You’re sure Alexandra’s going to be surprised?
你确定Alexandra会很惊讶吗?
Absolutely.
绝对。
She has no idea that the party is in her honor.
她不知道这个派对是为她办的。
Millie, did you bring the tapes for dancing?
Millie,带来了跳舞的录音带吗?
They’re in my bag.
在我袋子 。
What did you bring?
你带的什么带子?
Some rock ‘n’ roll.
一些摇滚乐。
Perfect! Alexandra will love it!
太好了! Alexandra会喜欢的!
I can’t wait to see her face when she walks in here tonight.
我迫不及待想看到她今晚走进这里时脸上的表情。
What about the cake?
蛋糕怎么样?
My mom’s decorating it right now.
我妈妈正在淋奶油。
Robbie, there’s a phone call for you.
Robbie,有你的电话。
It’s Alexandra.
是Alexandra。
She sounds upset.
她听起来有点不对劲。
OK.
好。
Thanks, Mom.
谢谢,妈 。
I’ll take it in there.
我在那里接。
Hi, Alexandra.
嗨,Alexandra。
What? You what?
什么? 怎样?
Oh no!
噢 糟糕!
Yes. The Molinas are waiting for me.
不会。Molina一家人正等着我呢。
Good night, Alexandra.
晚安,Alexandra。
I’ll pick you up on Saturday night, OK?
我星期六晚上去接你好吗?
Yes.
好的。
Eight o’clock.
八点钟。
I have to run.
我得赶紧走了。
Good night, Robbie.
晚安,Robbie。
She’s really a good friend, isn’t she?
她真是我的好朋友,不是吗?
Yeah.
是的。
You are going to miss her.
你会想念她的。
Am I going to miss her?
我会想念她吗?
That’s what I said!
我正是这么说的!
You are going to miss her!
你会想念她的!
I’m going to miss her,
我会想念她,
and my math teacher’s going to miss her.
而我的数学老师也会想念她。
Well, you can write to her.
嗯,你可以写信给她。
It’s not the same.
那可不一样。
How does that look, Rob?
看起来怎么样,Rob?
Great! Pass me the hammer.
很好!把钉锤给我。
You got it!
给你啦!
Scared? Why?
紧张? 为什么?
Aren’t you a little scared?
难道你不会感到有点紧张吗?
I was when I first came to the United States.
当我刚到美国来的时候是感到有点紧张。
I’d never been away from home,
我从来没有离开过家,
and I didn’t know what it would be like.
而且我也不知道将会是怎么一个样子。
But then I found out that people are the same everywhere
但是后来我发现哪里的人都是一样的
once you get to know them.
一旦认识了周围的人以后。
I’m glad I got to know you.
我很高兴能够认识你。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
I’m glad I got to know you–and your family.
我也很高兴能够认识你和你的一家人。
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could skip the examinations
要是我们可以略过考试 那岂不是很好
and get right to the graduation party?
直接就是毕业派对?
It would be very nice.
那当然是很好。
But that isn’t the way it works.
但是现实不是如此。
So … back to work.
因此……用功吧。
Good night, Robbie.
晚安,Robbie。
Good night, Mrs. Stewart.
晚安,Stewart太太。
Thank you for dinner.
谢谢你的晚餐。
Good night, Alexandra.
晚安,Alexandra。
Will you be all right?
你不会有问题吧?
My folks are giving me a little graduation party.
我的亲人要为我办一个小小的毕业派对。
Terrific!
太棒了!
I’ll pick you up.
我去接你。
That isn’t necessary.
这倒不必。
My dad’s letting me borrow the car.
我爸爸借我用汽车。
Oh, well, that would be very nice.
噢, 好吧, 那倒很好。
About eight o’clock?
差不多八点钟好吗?
Eight o’clock is fine.
八点钟可以。
Great! It’s a date.
太好了! 就说定了。
Who’s going to be there?
有谁要参加?
Just my friend Mike and a few kids from school.
只有我的朋友Mike和学校里的几个伙伴。
I’m going to miss all of you.
我会想念你们大家的。
You’ve been like a second family to me.
你们就像我的第二个家一样。
We’re going to miss you.
我们也会想念你的。
Maybe you could come to visit me in Greece?
也许你可以到希腊来看我?
I’m counting on it.
我有这种打算。
Wonderful!
太棒了!
Are you excited about graduating from high school?
你从高中毕业会不会感到很兴奋呢?
Sure … and a little scared.
当然……还有一点紧张。
I should be finished packing by then.
到那时候我应该已经整理好行李了。
上一篇:
下一篇: