Good heavens! There you are!
哎呀!你们才回来!
Is there anything the matter?
出了什么事吗?
We were getting very worried.
我们都非常担心呢。
There’s no need to be worried. We’re both fine.
没有必要嘛。我们两个都挺好。
Look at your clothes! Where have you been?
瞧你们的衣服!你们去哪儿了?
We’ve been anxious about you. We were expecting you back much earlier.
我们都为你们着急呢。都盼着你们早点儿回来。
We couldn’t get across the river.
我们过不了河。
The bridge has been washed away by the floods.
桥已经被洪水冲走了。
So we had to find another way back.
因此我们得另找路回来。
Then we had to walk across some very wet ground.
然后,我们还得走过一些潮湿的地面。
That’s how we got so wet and dirty.
这就是我们怎么弄得这样又湿又脏的原因了。
So then what happened?
后来怎么样?
We had to climb over some rocks and it started to rain.
我们不得不爬过一些岩石,这时开始下起雨。
Fortunately, we could see where we were going。
幸好我们能辨认我们要走的方向。
It just took us a long time to get over the rocks.
我们花了很长时间才爬过岩石。
What’s the matter with your foot, Jane?
珍妮,你的脚怎么了?
My shoe has been pressing against my foot, so it hurts a bit.
我的鞋一直挤着脚,所以脚有点疼。
It was getting very windy in the hills.
山上还刮起了大风。
Yes. We’ve just heard a warning on the radio that a hurricane is likely to come.
是的,我们刚从广播里听到一则气象警报,说是一场飓风可能要到来。
That’s why we were getting anxious about you.
所以我们才为你们担心。
上一篇:
下一篇: