So how did you get into the castle?
那么,你是怎么混入城堡的呢?
I hid in a farmer’s cart which was taking vegetables into the castle.
我藏在一个农民的车子里,车子正往城里送菜。
The guards couldn’t have been watchig very carefully.
警卫不可能一直认真地查看。
It was not yet light, so it was easy to stay hidden.
天还没亮,所以很容易隐蔽。
What did you do next?
接着你做什么呢?
I waited by the kitchen door.
我在厨房门旁等着。
When a servant opened the door to fetch some wood, I spoke to her and persuaded her to let me in.
一个仆人开门取柴火时,我和她说话,并说服她让我进去。
You must have been mad to speak to the servant! She might have called for help.
你准是疯了,竟跟这个仆人说话。她可能会大喊救命的。
She was the brave one, not I.
她是个勇敢的人,而我可不是。
She knew that I was not an enemy of hers.
她知道我不是她的敌人。
I explained to her that the rich were the enemies of the people of France.
我向她解释,财主老爷才是法国人民的敌人。
She understood what I was talking about, even though it was the first time we had spoken together.
她理解我的话,虽然我们是第一次在一起说话。
What happened next?
跟着发生了什么事?
I told her what the revolutionaries were doing and I persuaded her to help me.
我告诉她革命者都在干些什么事,并说服她给我帮忙。
I said that together we could light a fire that could be seen for many miles.
我说,我们一起点燃一堆火,让几英里远都能看见。
And then quickly and quietly we did just that.
于是,我们就迅速而且悄悄地干了起来。
You might both have been caught and killed!
你们俩可能给抓住杀了。
We were both lucky. I think she is a hero too!
我们俩都很走运。我认为她也是个英雄。
上一篇:
下一篇: