Slowly, she said, We were all here before you. You must wait for your turn. Do you understand?
“我们这儿个个都排在你前面。你得等轮到你才行。你懂吗?”
The Indian answered:No, madam. You don’t understand! You’re all after me! I’m the doctor!
“不,夫人。你不懂!你们所有的人都在我后面!我是医生!”
Everyone laughed at the woman’s mistake.
这老太太的误会惹得大家都笑起来。
You must be more careful! That car nearly hit you.
你得多加小心!那辆小车差一点碰着你了。
I wanted to get my ball.
我是想捡回我的球。
Well,you mustn’t play in the road.It’s dangerous. A car may hit you.
嗯,你不可以在路上玩球。那是很危险的。汽车会撞着你。
Kate! It’s late. Why are you in bed?
凯特!晚啦。你怎么还在床上?
You must get up and get ready for school. If you don’t go soon,you’ll be late.
你得起床准备上学了。你如果不赶紧去,就该迟到了。
Mum, I don’t feel very well.
妈妈,我感到不舒服。
Oh, dear! What’s wrong?
噢,天哪!怎么啦?
I don’t know. My head hurts.
不知道。我头痛。
Really? If you are ill, you must see the doctor.
真的吗?如果是生病了,你得去看医生。
Can I have some breakfast first
我能先吃点早餐吗?
No,you mustn’t eat anything until you see the doctor.
不行,看医生之前你不可以吃任何东西。
Mum! I feel a little better now.
妈妈!我现在感觉好一点了。
This is a bus stop. The people are waiting for a bus. They are stand in line.
这是一个公共汽车站。人们在等车。他们站成行。
In England they call this line a queue. You must always wait in a queue.
在英国人们把这样的行列叫队。等车时你总得排队。
You must never jump the queue.
决不可“夹塞儿”。
If you jump the queue ,other people will not be pleased!
如果你夹塞儿,别人就会不高兴!
The queue jumper
加塞儿的人
It was a cold spring morning in the city of London in England.
英国伦敦,一个寒冷的春天的早晨。
The weather was very cold, and many people were ill.
天气非常冷,很多人生了病。
So there were many people in the doctor’s waiting room.
所以医生的候诊室里有很多人。
At the head of the queue was an old woman.
排头的是位老太太。
The woman was a visitor. She did not live in London. She lived in the country.
这老太太是位游客,不住在伦敦。
She was in the city to visit her daughter.
她住在农村。
She wanted to see the doctor because her back hurt.
她是来伦敦看望女儿的。她要看医生是因为背痛。
If I get there early, I can see the doctor quickly, she thought.
“早到就能早看医生,”她想。
So she was first in the queue. She sat nearest to the doctor’s door.
所以她第1个排队。她坐的位子靠医生的门口最近。
An Indian came into the waiting room, and walked quickly to the doctor’s door.
一个印度人走进候诊室,快步朝医生的门口走去。
The old woman thought he was a queue jumper.
老太太以为他是不按次序排队的人。
She stood up and took his arm.
她站起来,拉住他的手臂。
上一篇:
下一篇: