Every day you can have one apple, one orange, one piece of dry bread, and a glass of water.
你每天可以吃一个苹果,一个桔子,一块面包,还有一杯水。
If you do that, you’ll soon feel much healthier.
如果你那样做,很快你就会感到身体健康得多。
Thank you, doctor, said Mrs. Brown.
“谢谢你,医生,”布朗夫人说。
No problem! Tell me, do I have to take them before or after meals?
“那不难!告诉我,我是在饭前还是饭后吃呢?”
Before? After? said the doctor.
“饭前?饭后?”医生说。
No! You don’t understand! Not before or after meals–instead of them.
“不是,你没听懂!不是饭前或饭后吃--而是代替三餐饭。”
Hi, Jim! Can you come and play football?
你好,吉姆!你能来踢足球吗?
Sorry, I can’t. I have to tidy my room.
对不起,我不能去。我得收拾房间。
Oh! Do you have to?
噢!必须收拾吗?
Yes, I’m afraid I do.I may come later.
是的,恐怕我必须做。我可以晚一点去。
OK.
好的。
What do you have to do round the house when you’re at home?
你在家时得做些什么家务事?
Oh, I have to wash all my clothes, clean the floor, and keep everything clean and tidy.
噢,我得洗我的全部衣服,擦地板和保持每样东西清洁、整齐。
What about you?
你呢?
I have to wash all the plates and things after meals, and do a lot of work in the garden.
饭后我得洗全部盘子和其他东西,还要在花园里干很多活。
Where’s Meimei?
梅梅在哪里?
She can’t come. She has to help her Mommy!
她不能来。她得帮她妈妈的忙!
What does she have to do?
她得做什么?
she has to help with the washing.
她得帮忙洗衣服。
Is she coming later?
她晚些时候会来吗?
She’ll come if she can.
如果可能的话,她会来的。
Oh well, let’s ask Wei Hua instead!
噢,好吧,让我们去请韦华吧!
Where’s Li Lei?
李磊在哪里?
He can’t make it today. He has to stay at home.
他今天不行了。他得呆在家里。
Why?
为什么?
I’m not sure. I think he may have to help his Dad in the garden.
我不清楚。我想可能他得帮助他爸爸在花园里干活。
Is he coming later?
他晚些时候会来吗?
He ‘ll come if he can.
如果可能,他会来的。
Oh well, we’ll have to ask Zhang Li instead.
噢,好吧,我们得去请张理顶替了。
Mrs Brown went to see her doctor.
布朗太太去医生那里看病。
Doctor, I’m not feeling well, she said. I often feel tired.
“医生,我感到不舒服,”她说,“我经常感到疲倦”。
If I work in the garden, I have to sit down and rest every five minutes.
如果我在花园里干活,每5分钟就得坐下来休息。
The doctor looked over Mrs Brown very carefully.
医生非常仔细地给布朗夫人作了检查。
At last she said:There’s nothing much wrong with you, but I’m afraid you have a problem.
“你没有什么大毛病,不过,恐怕你有个问题。
You’re eating too much!
你吃得太多!
I don’t understand! What do you mean? asked Mrs Brown.
“我不懂!你说的是什么意思?”布朗夫人问道。
I mean you eat too much food, but you don’t take enough exercise, said the doctor.
“我的意思是你吃得太多,但运动不够,”医生说。
Oh dear! You mean I’m too fat? That is a problem! said Mrs Brown.
“天哪!你的意思是说我太胖了吧?这是个问题!”布朗夫人说
What do I have to do if I want to be thinner?
如果我想瘦一点的话,我得怎么做呢?”
The answer is easy! said the doctor.
“答案很简单!”医生说。
If you want to be thinner and healthier, you have to eat less food–and you also have to take more exercise.
“如果你想瘦些、健康些,你就得少吃一点--你还得多运动。”
What can I eat? asked Mrs Brown.
“吃什么才行呢?”布朗夫人问。
Well, said the doctor.
“嗯,”医生说。
上一篇:
下一篇: