The baby was about ten months old. At first she was asleep.
那小孩大约10个月大。最初,她是睡着的。
Half an hour later ,she woke up and began to cry.
半小时后她醒了,哭了起来。
Don’t cry, I said. I talked to her. But she looked at me and cried harder and harder.
“别哭呀!”我跟她说话,可是她看着我,哭得越来越厉害了。
I turned on the radio. She stopped crying and listened to the music.
我打开收音机,她不哭了,听音乐。
After a few minutes she started to cry again. Listen to me, I said.
几分钟后她又哭了起来。“听我的呀,”我说。
I started to sing. The baby watched and listened ,and she didn’t cry any more.
我开始唱歌。小孩看着,听着,不再哭了。
Then I made faces and jumped like a monkey. The baby laughed and laughted.
然后我做鬼脸,像猴子一样跳来跳去。那孩子笑个不停。
All that afternoon, I jumped and sang and did all kinds of things.
那天整个下午我跳呀,唱呀,做出各种样子逗她。
When Aunt Huang came back, I was so tired. In the evening Liu Ming came to see me.
当黄阿姨回来的时候,我累极了。晚上刘明来看我。
I told him the whole story. He laughed. You’re great! I’m going to tell everyone.
我把整个事情都告诉了他。他笑了。“你真了不起!我要对大家说
Bring your babies to Ling Feng. He can take good care of your babies.
把你们的孩子都带来交给凌峰吧,他很会照看小孩的。
Summer holidays will begin next month.What are you going to do?
下个月暑假就开始了。你有什么打算?
Dad will take me to our home town in Jiangxi. We’ll visit our grandparents there.
爸爸将带我到江西老家去。我们将去看望在那里的祖父母。
Oh,They will be very happy to see you again.
噢,又见到你们,他们会很高兴的。
Sure. What are you going to do, Mary?
当然了。你打算做什么,玛丽?
Maybe my parents will take Dick and me to a few cities in the south.
可能我父母要带迪克和我到南方的几个城市去。
That’ll be very intersting. What cities are you going to visit?
那一定很有趣。你们打算参观哪些城市?
Maybe Shanghai, Nangjing, Wuxi and Hangzhou.
可能参观上海、南京、无锡和杭州。
Oh! They’re all places of great interest in China. I think you’ll have a good time.
噢!这些地方都是中国的名胜。我想你们会玩得很痛快的。
I’m sure we will.
我相信我们会的。
I nearly forgot! It’s Grandma’s birthday next Thursday
我差点儿忘啦!下星期四是奶奶的生日。
Oh, what shall we get her?
噢,我们给她买点什么呢?
What do you think she would like, dear?
你想她会想要什么呢,亲爱的?
Maybe she’d like a new handbag. Her bag doesn’t look nice.
她可能想要一个新的手提包。她的提包看起来不够漂亮。
That’s a good idea! I’m sure she’ll like it.
这是个好主意!我相信她会喜欢的。
A page from a student’s diary
学生日记一则
Saturday June 18th, 1994 Cloudy
星期六 1994年6月18日 多云
There were no classes this afternoon. My classmates all went to People’s Park.
今天下午没有课。同学们都到人民公园去了。
They had a good time, but I didn’t go.
他们玩得很痛快,但我没有去。
After lunch Aunt Huang came in and she looked worried.
午饭后黄阿姨来了,她面带愁容。
Grandma is ill, she said. I must take her to hospital.
“奶奶病了,”她说,“我必须送她去医院。
But my baby, I can’t leave her by herself.
可是我的孩子……,我不能把她一个人留着呀。”
Mum and Dad were not at home.
爸爸妈妈不在家。
So I said,Don’t worry. I can look after her. Thank you,Xiao Feng. Then she left.
“别着急,我能照顾她。”“谢谢你,小峰。”然后她走了。
上一篇:
下一篇: