Hello! Did you enjoy yourselves at the party ?
你好!你们在晚会上玩得愉快吗?
Yes, thank you. We enjoyed ourselves very much.
挺好,谢谢你。我们玩得非常愉快。
What was wrong with Jim ? Did he hurt himself?
吉姆怎么啦?他伤着自己啦?
A little. He fell and hit his leg on a table.But he’s OK now.
伤了点儿。他跌倒了,腿撞在桌子上。但是现在已经好了。
Hello, Jim! Help yourself to a cake.
你好,吉姆!请随便吃糕点。
Thanks.
谢谢。
Can I get a drink ?
我给你拿点饮料好吗?
I can help myself, thanks.
我自己来,谢谢。
Once there was an old tiger.
从前有一只年迈的老虎。
He didn’t often go to look for food himself.
他不经常自己去寻找食物。
Every day he made one of the smaller animals bring him something to eat.
每天他让一只小动物拿东西来给他吃。
One morning the tiger was very, very hungry.
一天早上老虎饿极了。
He said to a monkey, I’m hungry, Monkey. Go and bring me some food.
“我饿了,猴子。去给我拿些吃的东西来。”
I can’t do that, Mr Tiger, said the monkey.
“我不能这么做呀,老虎先生,”猴子说
There’s another tiger in the forest.
这林子里还有另外一只老虎。
He’s younger and stronger than you are.
他比你年轻,比你强壮。
He told me not to bring you anything.
他吩咐我不要给你带什么东西。
What! shouted the tiger.Another tiger? I want see him.I’ll speak to him.
什么!老虎吼叫起来,“另一只老虎!我要见他。我要跟他谈谈。”
Come with me, Mr Tiger, said the monkey. You’ll see him yourself.
“跟我来,老虎先生,”猴子说,“你自己见见他吧。”
The mondey took the tiger to a big river.
猴子领着老虎来到一条大河边。
Look into the river, said the monkey. There he is! See his head?
“往河里看,”猴子说,“他就在那里!看见他的头了吗?
Look at his big teeth. Isn’t he bigger than you?
瞧他的大牙齿。他的块头不是比你大吗?
Grrr ! So you told Monkey not to bring me anything! Grr I’ll kill you!
“嗯……!原来是你叫猴子不要给我拿东西!嗯……我要宰了你!”
With these words the tiger jumped into the river. He did not come out again.
说完这些话,老虎就跳进河里去了。他再也没有上来。
Ha ha ha! Goodbye, Mr Tiger,laughed the monkey and he went away.
“哈哈哈!再见,老虎先生,”猴子哈哈大笑,走开了。
上一篇:
下一篇: