What are you doing, Mum?
妈妈,你在干什么?
I’m sowing cabbages.
我在播白菜种。
What’s that in your hand?
你手里拿的是什么?
Cabbage seed.
白菜种子。
You see, I put some soil in the box, sow the seed carefully like this, and then cover it with more soil.
你瞧,我在盒子里放些泥土,像这样小心地把种子播下,然后再用多一点儿的土盖住种子。
I’ll keep the box in the shade so that the sun doesn’t burn the little plants.
我将把盒子放在阴凉的地方,这样太阳就不会把幼苗晒枯。
Is that all?
就是这些吗?
No.Later, in a few weeks’ time I’ll put the little plants in the earth.
不止。几星期以后,我要把菜秧移到地里。
Then I’ll water them to stop the soil getting too dry.
然后,我还要给它们浇水,以免土壤变得太干燥。
Several weeks after that, I will plant them in rows in the field.
再过几个星期,我还要把它们一行行地栽到菜地里。
Do you have to feed plants like you feed chickens? Or do they grow up by themselves?
你得要像喂小鸡那样去喂幼苗吗?还是它们自己长大呢?
In fact they grow better if you feed them.
事实上,要是你给它们浇水施肥,它们会长得更好。
When the plants are in the ground I’ll put some powder on the soil.
白菜在地里生长时,我得在土壤里施些肥粉。
The powder is made from fish, blood and bones.
肥粉是由鱼、血和骨头做成的。
It’ll make the cabbage plants grow big and strong.
它能使白菜秧长得又大又壮。
Like me!
就像我一样粗壮。
上一篇:
下一篇: