I’m very sorry. I borrowed a book from the library two weeks ago.
“很对不起。两周前我从图书馆借了一本书。
But I can’t find it. I think I’ve lost it.
但我现在找不到了。我想我弄丢了。”
Oh, dear! said Miss Yang. Are you sure you’ve lost it?
“哎呀!”杨小姐说,“你肯定你弄丢了?”
Yes, I’ve looked for it everywhere, said Han Meimei.
“是的,我到处都找过了,”韩梅梅说。
I’ve looked round the whole school. I can’t find it anywhere.
“我整个学校都找过了。我就是找不到它。”
What was the name of the book? asked Miss Yang.
“书名是什么?”杨小姐问。
Red Star over China
“《西行漫记》”。
What a pity! I’m afraid that if you’ve lost it , you must pay for it, said Miss Yang.
“真可惜!如果你真的弄丢了,恐怕你得付钱赔偿,”杨小姐说。
At that moment Lucy came into the library.
正在那时候,露茜走进图书馆。
Excuse me, Miss Yang. I’ve just found this library book.
“打搅了,杨小姐。我刚刚捡到这本图书馆的藏书。”
Oh, that’s mine! said Han Meimei. Thank goodness!
“啊,那是我的书!”韩梅梅说,“谢天谢地!”
No, it isn’t yours! said Miss Yang.
“不,不是你的书!”杨小姐说。
It’s the library’s. Please be more careful from now on!
“是图书馆的书。从现在起请你倍加小心!”
Yes, Miss Yang, said Meimei.
“是的,杨小姐,”梅梅说
I’m very sorry. Usually I’m very careful. I have never lost a book before. It won’t happen again.
“很对不起。通常我是非常小心的。我以前从来没有丢过书。这样的事不会再发生了。”
OK!said Miss Yang kindly.Let’s forget the whole thing.
“很好!”杨小姐宽厚地说,“让我们忘记全部的事情。”
Thank you. said Meimei.
“谢谢你,”梅梅说。
Don’t thank me, said Miss Yang. We must both thank Lucy!
“不用谢我,”杨小姐说,“我俩都得谢谢露茜!”
Not at all, smiled Lucy. You’re welcome!
“没关系,”露茜笑着说,“不用谢!”
Yes, I think I have. Look at that book on the desk. Maybe it’s yours.
是的,我想我看见了。请看桌子上的那本书。也许就是你的。
Oh, yes, it’s mine! Thanks a lot.
啊,是的,它是我的!非常感谢。
You’re welcome.
别客气。
I’ve lost my ruler. Have you seen it anywhere?
我的尺子丢了。你在哪看见了吗?
Sorry, I haven’t. Why don’t you ask Jim.
对不起,我没见。你为什么不去问问吉姆呢?
Thanks. I will.
谢谢。我会的。
Hello! Have you found your ruler yet?
你好!你找到你的尺子了吗?
Yes, I have. I found it in my bag five minutes ago.
是的,找到了。五分钟以前在我的书包里找到的。
I’m so glad.
我太高兴了。
THE LOST BOOK
一本丢失的书
Miss Yang works in the school library.
杨小姐在学校图书馆工作。
She loves her work because she loves books.
她热爱自己的工作,因为她喜爱图书。
In the library she has got books on many different subjects.
在图书馆里她准备了各种科目的书籍。
She works very hard and is very helpful.
她工作非常努力,对同学们帮助很大。
She likes the children to read newspapers and books in the reading room.
她喜欢孩子们来阅览室读书看报。
She also likes them to borrow the books. But she is very strict.
她也喜欢他们来借书。但她对大家非常严格。
You must always return your library book on time!
你必须按时归还图书馆的书!
One moring she was working at her desk in the library when a boy came in.
一天早上,她正在图书馆里伏案工作,这时,一个男孩走进来。
He asked very politely, Excuse me, have you got any books about the moon and the stars?
“请问,你有关于月亮和星星的书吗?”
Yes, said Miss Yang.they’re on that shelf over there.
“有,”杨小姐说,“就在那边的那个书架上。”
Then Han Meimei came in.
接着韩梅梅走了进来。
Excuse me, Miss Yang, she said.
“请原谅,杨小姐,”她说。
上一篇:
下一篇: