See you next Friday.
下星期五见。
Next Friday? Why, what’s happening? I’m going away for the weekend.
下星期五?嗨,到底有什么事情?我要外出度周末。
But you said you’d come out to dinner with me. We fixed it.
但你说过你愿意出来和我共进晚餐的。我们已经决定了的。
No, we didn’t fix anything. We thought we might go out, but we said we’d check with each other first. And now I’m telling you I can’t manage this Friday. Another time, possibly, but not Friday.
不,我们没有决定任何事情。我们认为我们可能出去,但我们说好要先互相通通气的。我正要告诉你我星期五没办法(出来)。换个时间还有可能,但不要在星期五。
You don’t keep your word. Why didn’t you tell me then? I’ve been looking forward to it. How can you change your mind at last minute?
你不守信用。为什么那时不告诉我呢?我一直都盼望着它呢。你怎么能在最后时刻改变主意呢?
I’m sorry about that.
这件事我很报歉。
You just don’t consider anyone but yourself.
你除了自己外从不为别人考虑。
That’s not true. I don’t want to argue about it any more. Anyhow, I’ll see you next week.
不是这样的。我不想为这件事再和你争吵。无论如何,我下星期会见你的。
Kate, I’m sorry about that argument. I apologize for being so angry with you.
凯特,那次争吵我很抱歉。我为跟你发火向你道歉。
You were very angry!
你火气真大!
Yes, I’m sorry about that. I think we just had a misunderstanding about the plan, but I was very disappointed not to be going out. So I got angry and started shouting at you.
是的,那件事我很抱歉。我想我们只是对于外出计划有误解罢了,不过没能外出我很失望。所以我就生气了,开始冲你大喊大叫。
You certainly did!
你吼得好凶呀!
I’m sorry to have done that. I didn’t mean to be so rude.
我为那样做感到抱歉。我并不想那样粗鲁的。
It doesn’t matter.
没关系。
I feel rather ashamed.
我感到很不好意思。
There’s no need for that. We’ll have dinner another time.
不必为那件事惭愧。我们改个时间再共进晚餐吧。
Thanks, I’d like that.
谢谢,我非常乐意。
上一篇:
下一篇: