There will only be standing room left for us next century!
到下个世纪我们就只有立足之地了。
That’s a problem we Chinese must pay special attention to.
这是我们中国人必须特别注意的问题。
What was the conference like?
这个会议怎么样?
Very interesting.
很有意思。
It was called Saving the earth and it was all about the damage that is being caused to the world.
会议叫“拯救地球”,所以全是有关地球遭受破坏的事情。
What did you do at the meeting?
你们在会上做什么呢?
Well, we listened to lectures about pollution, agriculture, nuclear waste, radiation and so on.
噢,我们听取有关污染、农业、核废料、辐射等讲座。
It’s a good idea to hold such conferences.
召开这样的会议真是个好主意。
Yes. If we go on polluting the world, it won’t be fit for us to live in.
是的。如果我们继续污染世界,地球就不适合我们居住了。
I agree with you. We’ve got to do something about pollution. It’s getting worse.
我同意你的看法。我们得对污染采取措施了。污染越来越严重了。
Yes, it certainly is.
是呀,确实如此。
If people don’t stop polluting the seas and rivers, there will be no fish left.
如果人们不停止污染海洋和河流的行为,那么,就没有鱼会留下来了。
That’s quite true.
千真万确。
We’ve got to think of ways of changing people’s habits.
我们得想想办法,改变人们的习惯。
Well, what else did you hear about at the meeting?
喂,在会上你还听到了别的什么吗?
There was a good talk about the increase in the world’s population.
有个关于世界人口增长的谈话,很不错。
If the population keeps growing so quickly.
如果人口继续增长这么快的话。
上一篇:
下一篇: