The cassette player and the tapes.
卡式录音机和录音带。
Is that one of the things Susan and Harry are bringing?
那是不是属于Susan和Harry要带的?
No.
不是。
And we’re bringing the ketchup, mustard, relish–all that stuff.
我们还要带蕃茄酱, 芥末, 调味酱 ,诸如此类的东西。
And cooking utensils.
还有厨具。
Well, here’s the bottle opener, and here’s the flashlight.
哦 ,这是开瓶器 ,这是手电筒。
Matches.
火柴。
Matches?
火柴?
Yes, of course.
是的, 当然。
For when we build our campfire.
用来生营火的。
I can’t build a fire by rubbing two pieces of wood together.
我总不能靠着磨擦两片木柴来取火吧。
And don’t forget your camera and film, Richard.
别忘了你的照相机和底片, Richard。
All packed and ready.
都打包好了。
And let’s not forget our cassette player and some tapes.
还别忘了带上我们的卡式录音机和一些录音带。
Some music tapes and some blank tapes
带一些音乐带和一些空白带
so that we can record our thoughts about the trip.
以便我们能录下旅行中的感想。
Oh, that’s a nice idea.
噢, 这是个好主意。
An audio diary.
来一段录音日记。
That’s what I thought.
我就是这么想的。
Got it!
找到了!
And a full night.
还有一整夜。
Tomorrow night we’ll be camping out in tents.
明天晚上我们将露宿在帐蓬里。
And coming home on Sunday?
星期日回来是吗?
We’ll be heading back late in the afternoon.
我们会在黄昏时打道回府。
You’re going to have the time of your lives.
你们将会玩得非常痛快。
Camping out is such great fun.
露营是件非常好玩的事。
We’ll have a great time camping out, I’m sure.
我确定我们会在露营时玩得很开心。
But I’m still a little worried about you, Ellen.
但我还是有点牵挂着你, Ellen。
It will be my great pleasure, Marilyn.
我也会很愉快的, Marilyn。
Remember, it’s only one night.
记住, 只不过一个晚上。
He’s asleep.
他睡着了。
I think he’ll sleep through the night now.
我想他现在会睡到天亮。
Thanks, honey.
谢谢, 亲爱的。
I hope he’s good when we’re away.
我希望我们不在的时候他很乖。
Well, so do I.
嗯, 我也希望如此。
Now, to check the list of things we need for the camping trip.
现在, 让我们检查一下露营旅行所需物品的清单吧。
We need to bring a flashlight.
我们需要带一个手电筒。
It’s in the right-hand drawer, next to the bottle openers.
在右边的抽屉, 就在开瓶器旁边。
Do we have a bottle opener on the list, Marilyn?
清单上有开瓶器吗, Marilyn?
No. No bottle opener.
没有 ,没有开瓶器。
I’m really concerned about going away for the weekend, Ellen,
我这个周末出门实在放心不下, Ellen,
and leaving you with the full responsibility of taking care of Max.
还要把照顾Max的全部责任留给你。
Especially with his teething.
特别是他现在开始长牙。
I wish he felt better.
我真希望他现在好一点。
Please don’t worry, Marilyn.
请别担心, Marilyn。
Remember your father-in-law’s a pediatrician.
记住你公公是小儿科医师。
We have a live-in doctor if there’s a problem I can’t handle.
假如我遇到不能解决的问题 ,我们还有位驻家医生。
I agree, Marilyn.
我同意, Marilyn。
We really don’t have to be overly concerned.
我们真的不需要过分担心。
I’ll go upstairs and stay with him until he falls asleep again.
我上楼去陪他, 直到他又睡着。
Thanks, Richard.
谢谢 ,Richard。
Try putting him across your lap on his stomach.
试试让他趴着睡在你大腿上。
He likes that.
他喜欢那样。
I’ll try it.
我试试吧。
When are Susan and Harry picking you up, Marilyn?
Susan和Harry什么时候来接你们, Marilyn
They’re coming by at six tomorrow morning,
他们明天早晨六点钟过来,
so we can get an early start.
这样我们可以早点出发。
That’s nice.
很好。
And you’ll have a full day in the country.
你们就可以在乡下待一整天啦。
tomorrow morning before we leave.
在明天早上临走之前。
I’ll remind you, Richard.
我会提醒你的, Richard。
Mom,
妈,
we really appreciate your taking care of Max for the weekend
我们真心感谢你在周末照顾Max
and giving up your free time.
放弃了你的闲暇时间。
I love doing it.
我爱这样做。
Susan and Harry have a sitter for Michelle in the city,
Susan和Harry在城里给Michelle找到一位临时保姆,
and I’m taking care of Max.
我就来照顾Max。
It’s no big deal.
这没有什么。
I am happy to do it for you.
我很高兴为你们做这件事。
I guess Max is asleep by now.
我想Max现在已经睡觉了。
He’s not crying anymore.
他不再哭了。
Oh, poor baby.
噢, 可怜的小宝贝。
He’s teething.
他正在长牙齿。
Well, he’s asleep–finally.
好了, 他终于睡着了。
I feel so bad for him.
我为他难过。
It hurts so much when a baby gets his first teeth.
小孩子长第一颗牙齿时好痛哟。
He’ll be fine, Marilyn.
他不会有事的 ,Marilyn。
Well, he wakes up several times during the night,
噢, 他一夜醒了好几次,
and the pain is so bad.
疼得很厉害。
Hot dogs. I love hot dogs.
热狗。我喜欢热狗。
There is nothing better than a hot dog in the country.
在美国没有比热狗更好的东西了。
Hot dogs and mustard.
热狗和芥末。
Cooked outdoors over an open fire.
在户外的火堆上烤。
I wish I had one now.
我真希望现在就来一个。
Do you remember when Daddy and I used to take you
你还记得爸爸和我常带你
and Susan and Robbie to Jones Beach?
Susan、Robbie去Jones海滨的事吗?
Oh, I sure do.
哦,我当然记得。
We’d wait until dark and make a fire,
我们等到天黑就升火,
and we’d cook the hot dogs.
然后烤热狗。
Oh, don’t forget the mustard.
噢,不要忘了芥末。
And, oh, does anybody want ketchup?
噢,有人要蕃茄酱吗?
I might as well take it along.
我还是一道带着。
And now to make sure we’ve got the hamburger patties.
现在确定一下我们带了汉堡碎肉饼。
I have to remember to put them in the bag
我必须记得将它们放进袋子里
上一篇:
下一篇: