Get him his change! It’s easy to say, sir; but look at the bill yourself.
给他找钱!先生,说的倒轻巧,您自己来看看这张票子吧。
Goodness me! Six zeros! I’ve never seen anything like this before.
天啊!带六个零的大钞!我还从来没有见过这样大的钞票。
(Gets very excited.) To sell such a suit as that to a millionaire!
(突然变得激动起来。)竟然把这样一套衣服卖给一位百万富翁!
Tod’s a fool. Ah, here’s the things I’m after.
托德真是个大笨蛋。啊,这才是我要找的东西。
Please get those things off, sir, and throw them into the fire.
请把您身上那些东西脱下来吧,先生,把它们仍到火里去。
Do me the favor to put on this shirt, and this suit.
请赏个脸,把这件衬衣穿上,还有这套衣服。
Ah, it’s just the thing, the very thing!
啊,正合适啦!合适极了!
The trousers are all right; now the jacket; aha, right again!
裤子也合身;再穿上这件上衣;啊哈,又很合适!
Look at that now, sir! Perfect the whole thing!
您瞧吧,先生,十全十美,全都合适!
Yes, they fit very well.
不错,都很合身。
Quite right, sir, quite right.
您说得很对,先生,您说得很对。
But wait till you see what we’ll make for you to your own measure.
不过,您等着,瞧瞧我们给您定做出来的衣服是什么样子的吧。
You can trust us, sir. Let me measure you, sir, for some suits and some shirts too.
先生,您可以相信我们。先生,我来给您量一量套装的尺寸,还有衬衣……。好,请您来看看这些料子。我想您会认为这些料子好得多,更合适得多。
This material looks nice. And so does this one.
这种料子看来不错,这个也很好。
A very good choice, sir.
先生,您真会挑选。
You can depend on us, sir.
先生,您可以信赖我们。
They will be ready the day after tomorrow.
这批衣服后天就能做好。
But we still have a problem.
不过我们还是有问题呀。
I can’t order these clothes, unless you can wait some time, or change this note.
如果你不能等些时候或者破开这张票子,我就不能订做这批衣服。
I can wait all my life, sir.
先生,我可以等一辈子。
Tod, you will send these things to the gentleman’s address.
托德,你把这些衣服送到这位先生的住地去。
Put down the gentleman’s address.
把这位先生的地址写下来。
I’m changing my hotel. I’ll drop in and leave the new address.
我就要换一家旅馆了。我会顺便再来一趟,把新地址留下来的。
Quite right, sir, quite right.
您说的对,先生,您说的对。
One moement let me show you out, sir. Good day, sir, good day.
先生,请稍等一会我送您出去。再见,先生,再见。
Good morning. Can I help you?
早上好!我能帮您什么忙吗?
Yes. I bought this blouse here last week, but there seems to be something wrong with it.
是的。上星期我在这里买了一件衬衣,但似乎有点毛病。
When I washed it, the colours ran.
我洗它时,颜色就褪了。
You can see how it is now. I can’t possibly wear it.
你可以看看它现在成了什么样子了。我不可能穿它了。
I would like you to change this blouse, or else give me my money back.
我想要你换掉这件衬衣,要不就把钱退给我。
Let me see. Did you wash it in hot water?
让我看看。您是用热水洗的吗?
Of course not. I’m not that foolish.
当然不是。我可没有那么蠢。
It looks as if it hasn’t been washed following the instructions.
这看起来没按说明来洗。
Did you leave it in water before you washed it?
在洗它之前您是不是把它泡在水里了?
No, I didn’t do that either. I just washed it in cold water.
不,我也没有那样做。我就是用冷水洗的。
There seems to be something wrong with it, but that’s the fault of the company that made it.
这衬衣似乎有点问题,但看来这是衬衣公司的责任。
That may be true, but you sold me a blouse that I can’t use any more.
也许真是这样,但这是你卖给我的,现在不能穿了啊。
What do you think I should do then?
那您认为我该怎么做呢?
I insist that you give me my money back.
我要求你把钱退给我。
I’m afraid I can’t do that right now. the manager isn’t here.
恐怕我现在不能退钱给你。经理不在这里。
Why can’t you do something about it? Can you change it?
干吗你不想点办法呢?你能换掉它吗?
If you want, you can change it for another one.
如果你要换,你可以换另一件。
Why don’t you have a look at the other blouses?
干吗你不看看其他的衬衣呢?
We’ve still got lots of them over there.
那边还有很多呢。
OK, I’ll have a look.
好吧,我去看看。
AT THE TAILOR’S SHOP
在服装店里
There’s a customer, Tod. Will you serve him?
托德,顾客来了,你去照应一下好吗?
I don’t know why he’s in a tailor’s shop. Just look at his clothes!
真不懂他为什么进服装店。瞧他这身打扮!
No matter what he’s wearing, Tod, just show him the cheapest.
托德,别管他的穿着了,给他最便宜的看看就得了。
Do you want anything?
你要什么吗?
Yes, please. I want to buy a suit.
是的。我想买一套衣服。
Of course. You may find these rather expensive.
当然。不过这些衣服你可能觉得相当贵。
We’ve got some cheaper ones in the back room.
后面房间里有一些比较便宜的。
Will you come through to the back, please?
请跟我到后面去。……你何不试试这套呢?
Mmm, it doesn’t seem to fit very well.
嗯,这套看来不大合身。
I’m afraid it’s the cheapest one we’ve got.
恐怕这一套算是我们这里最便宜的了。
Very well, I’ll take it.
好吧,我就买这套。
Could you wait a few days for the money?
钱你能不能稍等几天?
I don’t have any small notes on me.
我身边没有小钞票。
Oh, you haven’t?
哦,你没小钞票?
Well, of course, I know that gentlemen like you carry only large notes.
当然喽,我知道像你这样的先生是只带大票子的。
My friend, you shouldn’t judge strangers always by the clothes they wear.
朋友,对于陌生人,你不应该老是凭人家的衣着来判断人。
I’m quite able to pay for this suit.
这套衣服我是完全能够买得起的。
I just didn’t wish to put you to the trouble of changing a large note.
只不过我不想麻烦你破开一张大票子罢了。
Why do you think we can’t change your note? Of course we can.
为什么你认为我们破不开你的票子呢?当然我们能破开的。
Oh, very well. Then there is nothing to worry about. I apologize. (Hands him the note.)
哦,那太好了,没什么可犯愁的了。我向你道歉。(把钞票递给他)
Just a moment and I’ll get you your change. (Look at the note.) Goodness me!
请等一下,我就给你找钱。(看了看钞票)哦,我的天哪·
Is anything the matter?
怎么回事呀?
There isn’t any trouble. I’m just waiting for my change.
没事儿。我只是等着找钱。
Come, come. Get him his change, Tod.
得了,得了,给他找钱吧,托德。
上一篇:
下一篇: