Quite well, thank you.
很好,谢谢你。
My grammar is improving, but I find idioms and useful expressions hard to learn.
我的语法在进步,但我发现习语和有用表达很难学。
In what way?
在哪方面呢?
Well, for example, you can have a cold, but first you have to catch a cold.
哦,例如,你可能“患感冒”,但你首先得“伤风”。
That’s right. Catch a cold is something you do; have a cold is something you have.
对。“伤风”是你所做的事情;而“患感冒”则是你所经历的事情。
That’s difficult!
那就难啦!
Not really.
不会吧?
Often the little words have meanings of their own.
这些小词常常都有自己本身的意思。
Do you know the story of the woodcutter?
你知道那个伐木工人的故事吗?
I don’t think so.
不知道。
A man was walking through a wood and he came across a woodcutter.
一个人正步行穿过一片树林,他遇见一个伐木工人。
What are you doing? he asked.
“你在做什么?”他问道。
The woodcutter replied: I’m going to cut this tree down.
伐木工人回答说:“我要把这棵树砍倒。”
The next day he walked through the wood again.
第二天,他再次穿过树林。
The wooducutter was standing next to a fallen tree, with lots of small pieces of wood in front of him.
伐木工人正站在一棵倒下的树旁,他的前面有很多小片的木头。
What are you doing? he asked. I’m cutting this tree up, answered the woodcutter.
“你在做什么?”他问。“我在把这棵树砍断,”伐木工人回答道。
How are you getting on with your English lessons?
你的英语课学得怎么样了?
上一篇:
下一篇: